2016年5月5日 星期四

Attachment

It’s tough to change jobs.  Lots good-bye.  Lots to do in the short time. 

Be a new person at new place, I’ll be acting stupid for a while.  Until I “know how”, and one day, become a valuable person at work place again.

I found people are so attached to their jobs, especially when they putted such an effort for what they had created, and on the task for long time.  The program/project became their baby which the value of these things in their heart are above anything – even above people who around them.

This one, a professor, is still angry at us because we move away - we “abandon” his baby.  We betrayed him! 

This one, a manager, will say whatever needs to be said, includes lies, to get what she wants for her position.

This one, a retiree, at the day before her retirement while training me, when put away a file, she claims “my file”. 

These are different people on different positions in different places but the deeply attachment is the same.  How we don’t see it in our daily life?  Once we are gone from the position, nothing is “ours”.  In fact, these things never are ours!  Position, wealth, health, even life! 


Seeing from their reaction of attaching to their “babies”, I saw my own attachments.  It’s a good project to work on – detach and put it down.  Not easy, but I never want to be one of them. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言